You are here
He finished his doctoral studies from SISSA in Trieste, Italy on the observational cosmology. He is currently investigating how the first-generation stars and galaxies formed and how do they evolve over cosmic time, and he is also involved with future experiments such as CCAT prime (FYST), Simons Observatory, and CMB-S4.
Anirban obtained his master's degree in Physics from the University of Burdwan and a bachelor's degree from the Asutosh College in India. He is actively working on Science popularization among school and undergraduate students as well as to the public, particularly, from the developing countries.
Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB): secondary anisotropies in CMB by lensing, reionization, and Sunyaev-Zeldovich effect, imprints of non-Gaussianity in CMB, cross-correlation studies with multiple tracers.
The interface of Astrophysics and Cosmology: redshifted 21-cm signal, line intensity mapping, star formation history in high redshift galaxies.
1) “Revised estimates of CMB B-mode polarization induced by patchy reionization”, Anirban Roy, Girish Kulkarni, P. Daniel Meerburg, Anthony Challinor, Carlo Baccigalupi, Andrea Lapi, Martin G. Haehnelt, JCAP 01 (2021), 003, [arXiv:2004.02927]
2) “Detectability of the τ − 21cm cross-correlation: a tomographic probe of patchy reionization”, Anirban Roy, Andrea Lapi, David Spergel, Carlo Baccigalupi, JCAP 3 (2020), 62, [arXiv:1904.02637]
3) “Cosmology with low-redshift observations: No signal for new physics”’ Koushik Dutta, Anirban Roy, Ruchika, Anjan A. Sen, M.M. Sheikh-Jabbari, 2019, PRD, 100, 103501, [arXiv:1808.06623]
4) “Beyond ΛCDM with Low and High Redshift Data: Implications for Dark Energy”, Koushik Dutta, Anirban Roy, Ruchika, Anjan A. Sen, M.M. Sheikh-Jabbari, 2020, GRG, 52, 15, [arXiv:1908.07267]
5) “Observing Patchy Reionization With Future CMB Polarization Experiments”, Anirban Roy, Andrea Lapi, David Spergel, Carlo Baccigalupi, 2018, JCAP, 5, 014 [arXiv:1801.02393]
Google Scholar link: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=de44e-MAAAAJ&hl=en
Researchgate Link: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Anirban-Roy-2